Join us for the fun & fellowship during our 31st Annual Gathering. The Florida Park Service Ranger Association will gather at Jonathan Dickinson State Park to explore the park, spin some yarns, raise some money for the organization through the Arnold Kuenzler and Family Annual Auction, cover some necessary business and have a good time. You don’t have to be a member to attend but once you see what good deeds the organization performs you will want to join.
Don’t forget to bring your items and your money for the auction. Auction items should be new, handmade or collectable items. This is the FPSRA’s biggest fundraiser for the James A. Cook Humanitarian Relief Fund, which directly benefits current and retired FPS staff.
Bring your bike, kayak or walking shoes to enjoy the “off the beaten path” areas of the park.
Campsites & Cabins: Campsites and cabins are blocked for the FPSRA Annual Gathering. Standard rates apply, since this is not a work day. The campsites vary in size so please provide your rig size when making your reservation. Campsites in both the River and Pine Grove loops are blocked. Pine Grove has sewer, but the River Loop is closer to the weekend's activities. The cabins rent for $95 a night and are modular units that sleep 4 people with one queen bed and a sleeper sofa.
Please call or email the Elsa Kimbell Environmental Education & Research Center at 561-745-5551 or firstname.lastname@example.org by March 28 for more information and to reserve your cabin or campsite. After the 28th the sites will be made available to the public. If making a reservation by email, please include FPS Ranger Association in the subject line so she will know you are with the group.
Friday, April 5
- 12:30 pm - Park field trip
- 3:00 pm - Board Meeting
- 6:00 pm - Pot Luck Dinner and Socializing – Bring a dish to share (plates, utensils and drinks provided) - Picnic Area
Saturday, April 6 - (all Saturday activities at Elsa Kimbell Environmental Education & Research Center)
- 7:30 - Early morning birding
- 9:00 am -Registration & get re-acquainted – Light breakfast provided
- 9:30 am - Annual Business Meeting & Elections
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch, visiting & Silent Auction
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Arnold Kuenzler and Family Annual Auction
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm - Free time-swamp buggy & boat tours
- 6:00 pm - Dinner
- 7:30 pm - Program – “Behind the Curtain at Jonathan Dickinson State Park”
- Lunch - Advance $8 .00 adult $ 5.00 child (6-12)
- (On-site reg - $10.00 adult $5.00 child)
- Dinner - Advance $15.00 adult $6.00 child (6-12)
- (On-site reg. - $18.00 adult $6.00 child)
Please register in advance so we have a headcount for the meeting. We look forward to seeing you at this fun-filled event! Thank you!
2019-FPSRA Annual Gathering Announcement.pdf